Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sketchbook Assignment 4: Pop Can

Sketchbook Assignment 4: Pop Can


Ok, Ok, not everybody around here says pop, so Soda Can can also be acceptable.

For this week's assignment, drink/find an empty can of soda. Smash or twist down the can, and then pull it back up to 3/4 or full height. Using shading, value, and color, make a monochromatic (one color only) drawing of the can in your sketchbook. Don't forget to include the can's surroundings, light reflections and shadows as necessary. Don't feel that you have to do a single can, and you may have several cans if you so desire.

I had a lot of fun with this assignment, I had problems getting the reflections how I wanted and completely failed when I tried to integrate the text that was on the can, but overall it was fun to sketch and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment