Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sketchbook Assignment 10: Self Portrait

Self Portrait Sketching

This week, we begin by working with someone who is always, ALWAYS available when we are. Ourselves. We will be building 3 full-page self-portraits in our sketchbook.

Find a good mirror. Swallow some humble pie, and get to work.
(personal note from Tyler Dockery: "I KNOW self portraits are hard. When I was younger all my self-portraits looked like Iggy Pop, Beaker from the muppet show or Wimply Fraggle (if you don't know who those are, look them up online). However, its a good part of the drawing experience, a good exercise, and no teacher ever laughs at your work. I promise."

Let one self-portrait be a standard self portrait. Let one self portrait be you making a funny, angry, or silly face. And let your last self portrait be something you think is really interesting- anything you want. Each should be a full-page piece 


This was supposed to be my silly face but when I drew it, it came out less silly than the face I was making.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment